Applications for Round 2 are now closed.
If you have commenced an application or are interested in the next round, please contact email@example.com.
- Review the Hot DesQ Guidelines, Hot DesQ FAQs and Hot DesQ Terms and Conditions
- Be prepared and available to arrive in Queensland between 7 August to 18 August 2017, and stay for 6 months
- Ensure you have done your due diligence when selecting your ‘Region’ – see the “Why Queensland” page for more information
- Where relevant, talk to your team and nominate who will be relocating if you are successful – you will need this information during the application
- Prepare your pitch video – this will form an integral part of the assessment – see the FAQs for what you should include
Applications are only accepted online and the application process for Hot DesQ has two stages.
Stage One – you will need to complete an online form AND submit a 1-2 minute video pitch.
You can review the application questions prior to lodging and will be able to save your application if you are not ready to submit.
You should be prepared to answer questions about your startup (such as the problem you look to solve and what phase of development you are at) and your teams experience (such as startup community connections and previous experiences).
Stage Two – if you are shortlisted, you will have a Skype interview with the judges. Our panel of judges with industry expertise will review applications to determine the best startups to move to Queensland through Hot DesQ.
To complete your application, please create a profile below (this will take to you an Advance Queensland application form). Keep this information secure as you will need this in case you would like to save your application and come back later.
A basic level of English both verbally and written is required.
Your nominated team member(s) will need to be prepared to work full-time on your startup in Queensland for the duration of the program.
You must be keen to be involved in Queensland’s startup ecosystem, as funding will be provided in instalments based on your accrual of Network Points. You must currently reside outside of Queensland (although expats are welcome to apply) and cannot have an existing team member in Queensland.
For more information, see the FAQs.